Thursday, November 11, 2010

Summary Post for C4T#3

I was assigned to read Karl Fisch's awesome blog entitled "The Fishbowl". 

The first post that I read and commented on was called "Neuroscientist and Cheerleader: Our Next Skype Session".  The post was about a woman named Mollie Woodworth, a PhD candidate at Harvard and a cheerleader for MIT. Mr. Fisch and his class had a skype session with her during their math class that day and they learned that math is very relevant in the real world. During the session, Mollie talked about her use of math in her field of study. She was a great interviewee and answered all of the students questions with well put, meaningful responses.

         


The next post that I read was titled "We See This As the Future of Higher Education". This post was about the more and more common use of hybrid courses in the educational setting. Mr. Fisch made excellent points about the benefits these courses have, if used properly. He suggests using lectures through video for students to watch on their own time, and using class time to use the principles learned with their classmates. He also points out that it saves money, which is always a wonderful thing. It's a great post and very relevant to me because I an in hybrid classes this semester! 

http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2010/11/we-see-this-as-future-of-higher.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment