Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blog Assignment 10

An Open Letter to Educators

I think this is a great post and Dan's statements in his video are very well said. It is very hard for me in some of my classes to be excited about learning when the professor doesn't know my name and I am surrounded by a huge classroom filled with people I don't know. I think there is a fine line in schools right now that everyone involved (teachers, students alike) are trying to balance themselves on. Some of my classes do take that institutionalized approach, and others, like EDM310 and my EDU301 class take a more informational age approach. I like the way I learn in these classes, it is much more interesting than, like Dan was saying, "memorizing facts". Hopefully there will be more classes at South, and other schools that encourage students to learn in today's mindset of unlimited information.

Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home

This was a wonderful read! I am so glad that Mr. Spencer voiced his feelings to Gertrude, even though she kept on shooting down his positive thoughts with her own negative ones. The world needs a lot more Mr. Spencers and a lot less Gertrudes.

I believe a teacher should be confident and have faith in their students. If teachers felt the way Gertrude did, then students wouldn't even feel confident in themselves, let alone the person teaching them. I am so happy that Mr. Spencer sees the good in his students and didn't allow Ms. School Curriculum Instructional Interventionist Academic Specialist, to bring him down.

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life

I think that my sentence should go something like this; "She is an amazing wife, daughter, sister, mother, friend, learner, and teacher." I hope that I am an amazing wife, daughter, sister, friend, and learner, and that I will get better and better everyday. I also hope that one day this sentence will hold true for the teacher and mother in me too, because those are two things that I am so incredibly looking forward to experiencing. What a great motivational concept!!

No comments:

Post a Comment