Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Assignment 5

Podcasting

For this assignment I chose to explore the Eagle's Nest Radio Podcasts, the Education Podcasting Network, and the Judy Scharf Podcast Collection.

I found the Judy Scharf page to be very helpful not only with my podcast assignment, but also a resourceful tool for when I use podcasting in my future classroom. This page was very informative. It had information on what a podcast is, how to set up an audacity account, make a podcast, how to set up an assignment for a podcast, and how to grade one. There were also some great examples of exemplary podcasts on the site.

The next site that I liked was the Eagle's Nest Radio blog. The podcasts on there were so cute and also had great information. I think these podcasts are proof that these types of assignments can be very educational. I especially liked the podcast about the sharks.

Lastly, the Education Podcasting Network had a ton of podcasts to sample and listen to. There were podcasts on all types of subjects that were done by students and some by professionals. I found this site to be very useful.

From what I have gathered from these sites I think it is very important to make sure the podcast is entertaining and has a good, sensible flow. There needs to be an introduction, a relevant middle space, and a closing that ties it all together...a lot like an essay. I think what made the students' podcasts so entertaining was their enthusiasm. They all sounded really excited to be doing a podcast! I would like to make sure my group is enthusiastic in ours too. Finally, I think the music in the podcasts tied it all together. It made it sound more professional. Over all, I found some great tips to making a fun, informative podcast.

3 comments:

  1. Laura, I listened to the Eagle's Nest Radio blog as well. I loved it! The kids seemed to really enjoy doing the podcast and sharing the information they had gathered!! As I listened to the students, I could hear the excitement in their voices! The podcast brought the assignment for the students to a whole new level of learning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Laura!

    Yes those kids were enthusiastic. This is because they were excited about doing the podcast and engaged in the process. Podcasting is a great way to get students involved and motivated. I hope you will use it with your future students.

    Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, I was assigned to comment on your blog number 6, but it hasn't been posted yet, so I will comment on this one.
    I listened to the Eagle's Nest Radio blog too. I really did love it. The kids excitement made it well worth it. I can only hope to get my students that excited about learning in my classroom. Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete