I learned new things from this assignment. I have never previously heard of Google Squared, or Wolfram Alpha. I've been missing out! These are really cool tools that could help with school projects, or any assignment in which I would need to collect data. Not only are these sites useful, they also provide a lot of information in a really short amount of time...in seconds.
After watching the EDM Additional Assignment You Tube video, I do have a better understanding of the "Did You Know" video I watched for Blog Assignment 2. It helped me to realize what all the statistics meant, and the relation to the point that was trying to be made. It was very easy to feel a little overwhelmed by the statistics flashing on the screen during the DYK video. Dr. Strange's video provided a touch of shock absorption on how to deal with those statistics. I now comprehend that statistics can be a little more tricky than just big in-your-face numbers.
Pitcairn Islands Map
Wolframalpha.com Screenshot by Laura Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment