For this assignment I reviewed Ms. Greta's blog entitled "About a Teacher". Her blog is amazing and she has many inspiring and informative posts.
The first post I read was called "I Believe In You". It was about a student of hers named Mike* who suffered from ADHD. Although she and Mike connected well, he still had orginazational and behavioral problems in her classroom. So Greta began working with him, and through the help of his parents, Mike turned his life around. Turns out all he needed to know was that people believed in him and knew he was doing his best. Her post is so heartwarming and shows how amazingly rewarding being a teacher can be. Mike now turns his work in on time, stays organized, and best of all, believes in HIMSELF!! Beautiful and inspirational story!!
The second post I read was entitled, "Education Needs Reflective Educators". In this post she blogs about the importance of teachers and students using blogs as a resource for reflective thinking and networking. Her initiative resembles EDM 310 very closely, and I believe her and her partner have a great concept. Being on the student end has broadened the my educational perspectives, and I am looking forward to using blogs in my future career.
Wow Laura, thanks so much for your words on my blog. "I Believe in You" is a story that means a lot to me. Teaching is the most amazing job in the world. It's highly rewarding and inspiring. You'll see. You'll be an awesome teacher, I'm so sure about that. Please let me know if I can be of any help. I love supporting new teachers.
ReplyDeleteHave you heard of New Teachers Reform Symposium? It's a free online conference for new teachers on Jan 8th. http://reformsymposium.com/january-8th-schedule-of-presenters/
I attended the last one it was an awesome learning opportunity.