Who I Am!
My name is Laura Scott. I turned twenty-four this past July and I was born here in Mobile. I spent most of my childhood and adolescence in Fairhope with my amazing parents and my older brother, Jon. I graduated from Fairhope High School in 2004 and continued my education at Faulkner State Community College until 2006. After deciding to take some time off, I moved to Mobile to get out there and experience things on my own! It was during that time that I met the love of my life, Andy. Andy and I dated for four years and were married this past April in Washington Square, right down from our favorite hangout, Callaghans. We have four beautiful children, three of the canine persuasion, and one frisky feline. We spend most of our time looking for adventure wherever we can find it, and we are always pondering our next "big trip". Some of our past expeditions have led us to find pura vida, "the pure life" in Costa Rica, as well as the secluded beaches and jungles of Ecuador.
Aside from enjoying exciting adventures, I also enjoy learning. The will to learn is what brought me back to school here at South in 2007. I decided during my time off, that my passion was for family and children. There is nothing better than being around children and through them, remembering what it is like to see through a child's eyes. It is for this reason I want to be a mother and a teacher. I can think of no better job than to be around children and to help them to understand and explore the world around them. So now I am in this class and major to learn how to be an awesome teacher!
Hey there Laura! I went to Faulkner State too. I graduated this past year. I also have been to South America! I was in Chile though, not Ecuador. I'm sure it was amazing place to visit. I would love to be able to one day.
ReplyDelete"I can think of no better job than to be around children..." I could not agree more. I've always wanted to teach. I love being around and working with children more than most other things.
I'm sure you will be an awesome teacher and mother one day!
Good luck in this class!
I love to travel also. So far I have not been to either Costa Rica or Ecuador. New Zealand is my next big objective!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! New Zealand would be amazing! My husband and I try to save money to go on one big trip every couple of years. Maybe one day we will get to go to New Zealand too!
ReplyDelete